Plant Science Class 270
A three (3) credit class in turfgrass management for both degree and non-degree seeking /professional students.
- Learn the tricks of the trade about GOLF COURSE and SPORTS TURF MAINTENANCE
- Increase your skill level in turf maintenance by learning the latest cultural management techniques for turf.
- Learn the how, when, and why about professional turf maintenance.
- Get excellent references and technical handouts to help you tackle any turf problem. Many full time turf workers have taken the course.
The class will be held EVERY FRIDAY AFTERNOON from 1-5 PM
at the UA Karsten Turf Research Facility during the spring of 2009.
- 2201 East Roger Rd. Tucson, AZ 85719 -
Anticipated Class Outline:
- On-site Registration, plant and seed ID.
- Putting green construction
- (Quiz 1) Putting green management
- Tee construction / Maintenance
- (Quiz 2) Fairway Construction / Maintenance
- (TEST 1) (Bunkers and Roughs
- Weed control in sports turf
- Overseeding Sports Turf
- (Test 2) Cultivation techniques and specialized equipment
- Baseball/softball and track maintenance.
- Football and soccer field maintenance
- (Quiz 3) Sprayer / spreader calibration
- (TEST 3) Automated Irrigation systems.
- Water quality test and interpretation.
- Soil and turf tissue quality tests and interpretation.
- TEST 3 – FINAL EXAM
Registration and Additional Information
- Contact Dr. David Kopec at 520.318.7142 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration information for professional/non-degree students can be found through the Continuing Education and Academic Outreach program at the U of A here.