Plant Science Class 270
A three (3) credit class in turfgrass management for both degree and non-degree seeking professional students.
- Learn the tricks of the trade about GOLF COURSE and SPORTS TURF MAINTENANCE
- Increase your skill level in turf maintenance by learning the latest cultural management techniques for turf.
- Learn the how, when, and why about professional turf maintenance.
- Get excellent references and technical handouts to help you tackle any turf problem. Many full time turf workers have taken the course.
The course is offered every other spring semester (last held 2013) and
is every Friday afternoon from 1-5 PM at the UA Karsten Turf Research Center
2201 East Roger Rd. Tucson, AZ 85719
Anticipated Class Outline:
- On-site Registration, plant and seed ID.
- Putting green construction
- (Quiz 1) Putting green management
- Tee construction / Maintenance
- (Quiz 2) Fairway Construction / Maintenance
- (TEST 1) (Bunkers and Roughs
- Weed control in sports turf
- Overseeding Sports Turf
- (Test 2) Cultivation techniques and specialized equipment
- Baseball/softball and track maintenance.
- Football and soccer field maintenance
- (Quiz 3) Sprayer / spreader calibration
- (TEST 3) Automated Irrigation systems.
- Water quality test and interpretation.
- Soil and turf tissue quality tests and interpretation.
- TEST 3 – FINAL EXAM
Registration and Additional Information
- Contact Dr. David Kopec at 520.318.7142 or email@example.com